The International Travel College (ITC) is the premium supplier of training courses for the airline, airport, travel and tourism industries. Winners of three New Zealand Tourism Awards, in recognition by the industry of our excellence in travel & tourism training. ITC is registered and accredited with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), the International Air Transport Association (IATA/UFTAA), CODECO, ISO and Microsoft.
Karen and Gavin Houston are the main authors of these online courses. They have worked together with industry specialists to ensure the information provided within the lessons is as accurate and current as possible.
Karen has a passion for training. She specializes in the travel and tourism fields due to her long association with these industries. She currently concentrates on authoring and designing quality management systems, training manuals and all things related. She is passionate about customer service excellence, valued workplace environments, and performance management.
Karen’s experience in the travel industry is vast. She started off at Thomson Holidays in the UK, and worked as a Reservations Manager for 10 years. She then became the General Manager of Portland Holidays in London, UK, and managed hundreds of staff for seven years.
After her move to New Zealand she worked as Head of Travel & Tourism at Crown Institute of Studies in Auckland. Always keen to take on a challenge, she established the International Travel College, and was CEO of this successful training institute for 14 years.
Retirement is not an option for the active person Karen is, hence the progression into Project Management & Training, and Consulting, which she has been doing for businesses around New Zealand for the last 3 years.
Gavin has been a trainer, coach and consultant to a wide range of New Zealand businesses for 17 years. His style of training is well focused on learners and learning. He uses a mix of clear presenting and creative activities to make his training stimulating and highly relevant.
As a Fellow of the UK’s Institute of Personnel and Development, and with experience as a manager and business owner, he brings a wealth of expertise to all training programs. His vast experience in training facilitation include areas such as business communication and presentation skills, report and proposal writing; sales and customer service; trainer skills and coaching; and all aspects of management and leadership.
Gavin ensures all his training programs and material are highly interactive and focused towards practical application and results back at work.
He likes to design and run courses that have a good mix of learning methods, including practical exercises that deliver insights, develop skills, and engage creativity. Most of all: Learning should be fun!
Using our online training courses
- Itconlinetraining.com is owned and operated by The International Travel College (NZ) Ltd.
- Transactions will appear on cardholder statements as ITC NZ LTD
- Transactions will appear on payment records as ITC NZ LTD
- ITC NZ LTD is a privately held Company listed in New Zealand.
- Our physical address is Level 4, ITC House, 9 City Road, Auckland, New Zealand. Postal address: PO Box 6009, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1010. Phone contact details: (09) 373-5510 Fax (09) 373-5757, or Email email@example.com.
- We sell online training packages to NZ and international customers. The SILVER and GOLD courses are supported by interactive quizzes. GOLD products also feature forum-based support and/or tutor feedback. Course pages clearly specify the nature of these products; if you have any questions regarding a product please use our contact form.
- Transactions are processed in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
- We sell digital products: you will have access to the courses you purchased within a few minutes. The exception is if you choose to pay by cheque or bank transfer. In those cases your transaction will be processed manually and will take 5-7 working days.
- Our site does not feature recurring billing. We do not store your credit card details. Payments are processed by DPS.